Thursday, April 17, 2014

Eat, Drink, Breathe, Live in Color

 Hi! This is Valerie Reyes again, here to share a second project with you. This is another scrapbook title page.

I was inspired by one of Susan's patterned papers: Live in Color

I started by coloring in the phrase with Faber Castell Gelatos and a water brush. I fussy cut the phrase and started to build my page with layering and layout more like the style of my typical scrapbook pages than my first project for the My Sweet Earth blog. I used the b sides of Live, Love, Create and Color Burst on the page as well. I used gesso to tone down the pattern a bit to give myself a space to write, and made the ruffled pink paper using some crepe paper I had left over from a party.
I outlined the elements in black to give a little more definition to the title and the flower cut from the Live in Color paper.
I did make a bit of a mistake placing my words when I was writing.  Gesso to the rescue! A couple of layers and you can't even see the "in" above the word chaos.

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to see what you're doing with Susan K. Weckesser's beautiful products.

Valerie Reyes
Susan K. Weckesser Guest Design Team Member

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe