Saturday, April 12, 2014

Life is a beautiful thing

Hi! I'm Valerie Reyes.  I'm so excited to be here as a guest designer for April.  Susan's artwork is so lovely, it makes me smile just to look at.  It was 3 AM when I walked in my front door from a road trip to see my design team box. I did take a few minutes to get the kids in from the car and into bed before I opened my box, but not a moment longer.

It was a true act of self control not to start working before I finished my haul video (you can find it on my YouTube channel). I went to sleep dreaming about two patterned papers in particular: Live, Love, Create and Beautiful Daydreams.

I knew that charming green house belonged in the sunny afternoon, so I started there.  After cutting out the house, I popped it up on dimensional adhesive using the Beautiful Daydreams patterned paper as a background. I used Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink to add definition to some of the details in the background paper: stems of flowers, rays of the sun, edges of clouds. The next thing to go down was the stamped sentiment, "Let your heart sing." from the Sing Your Song stamp set.




Then, I wasn't quite sure what to do.  I knew that I wanted it to be either wall art or a title page for one of my scrapbooks, so I googled the phrase, "Let your heart sing."  and came up with a song by Katharine McPhee. I filled in the white space with stamps from Little Yellow Bicycle's Love Letters Collection. Here is the final page.


If you're interested you can watch this video of my whole process.

Thank you so much for stopping by and a special thank you to Susan K. Weckesser, Inc. for giving me the opportunity to guest design here.

Valerie Reyes
Susan K. Weckesser Guest Design Team Member

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe