Sunday, November 10, 2013

Rue Romantique Christmas Ornament blog hop with ICE Resin®

Rue Romatique BlogHop SKWeckesser
Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.
-Thomas Merton
Hello! I am feeling really Christmassy today but I am part of the Rue Romantique Christmas Ornament Blog Hop with ICE Resin®. I have had SO much fun the last couple of weeks drinking hot chocolate, singing Christmas carols, and  making some fun Ornaments! My family thought I was a little batty as I have been wandering around singing Jingle Bell, and Frosty the Snowman!
I am the last one that you get to visit on this Hop and I sure hope that you enjoy your stay!
001
I took a Rue Romantique designed by Kristen Robinson and some Iced Enamels from Susan Lenart Kazmer. Both products are from IceResin and if you haven’t tried the Ice Enamels yet…You really have too because they are so much fun!

005

SLK-Iced-Enamels-Medium-479x800-179x300
I brushed on some Iced Enamels Medium, sprinkled on some Iced Enamels and then set it with a heat gun.
Rue Romatique BlogHop SKWeckesser2
I did the same for my metal flower center, but I left the metal disc in the center blank.
Rue Romatique BlogHop SKWeckesser3
I then used my Crop-a-Dile to punches holes in everything and wired it together. Those little twisted stripes of paper are actually Ice Resin paper that I made and then cut into stripes and curled.
110
I LOVE Ice Resin paper! I can never get enough of it …..well, especially enough of making it! *wink*
Ice Resin Christmas Ornament SKWeckesser1
Here is one more little ornament that I wanted to share. For this one I used used metal blanks , Iced EnamelsIce Resin. My extra little pieces like that snowflakes where set on afterwards when I covered everything with Ice Resin.
Ice Resin Christmas Ornament SKWeckesser2
I love the color and whimsy of this little piece! It makes me smiles.
I hope you enjoyed your visit  and I hope that you have an amazing day!
Here is a list of everyone that tool part of the Rue Romantique Christmas Ornament blog hop with ICE Resin®. So if you missed anyone be sure to go and take a look and sat HELLO!
Rue Romantique Christmas Ornament blog hop with ICE Resin®
Here is the list:
Friday, November  8, 2013
Kristen Robinson    http://kristenrobinson.typepad.com/kristenrobinson/2013/11/rue-romantique-christmas-blog-hop.html 
 
Saturday, November 9,2013
ICE Resin site  http://wp.me/p1MCno-2W3 
Jen Cushman  http://wp.me/p1lhEq-Gb

Sunday, November 10, 2013
Lesley Venable 
 ---->YOU ARE HERE!! *waving*
Have a wonderful and creative day!
hugs,
Susan
311203_439895149403922_1713063125_n
P.S. Susan K. Weckesser Inc. has started our 5th Christmas Love Campaign. I sure hope that you can join us and help spread some {LOVE}! This year we have many AMAZING sponsors including…FWmediare3
Interweave Logo - small format B&W
One of our prize packages will include some awesome books including this wonderful book by  Susan Lenart Kazmer. To see all are AMAZING sponsors, get involved and enter one of our Christmas Love Campaign contests, visit the Susan K. Weckesser Inc. HERE.
Resin Alchemy - jacket art


































11 comments:

  1. Love your ornaments! Wonderful textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful - and now I have another use for my Crop-o-dile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little curls of resin paper and how you wired the flower disc in the middle. Great tip for a newbie like me :) Thanks so much. Loved this HOP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Susan - you always do such beautiful work with just the perfect details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great ornaments! I am going to have to try to make some Ice Resin paper because I absolutely love the little swirls that you have on your first ornament!!!!
    Love all the bits and baubles on the second ornament! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing stuff and what gorgeous projects you'e made with it.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe