Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Motherhood is all about the Moments!

Hello!  Susie here today with a layout that is basically about motherhood and how important little moments really are.  The layout features a photo I have wanted to scrap for a long time but I just didn't have the right elements...until now!  The picture is of my mother cuddling me in bed as a toddler.  I am from a large family.  I have 8 siblings and the fact that she found time to cuddle me...and that I have this sweet photograph...astounds me!
 A huge shout out to Fancy Pants Designs because the Collecting Moments line is the basis for this layout!

I quickly reached for one of my favorite Susan K. Weckesser stamps from Unity:  Motherhood is a Verb.  That is so true!  I inked the edges with Wild Honey Distress Ink and water-colored the apron blue. The ticket from Fancy Pants proclaims this as "my time"...also true!

In this embellishment cluster, I added a stamped sentiment from Susan K. Weckesser's Grandma's Needlepoint set:  "A little girl is sugar & spice and everything nice - especially when she is taking a nap."  I thought it was absolutely perfect for this photograph!

I also stamped the sweet image of the little girl from the Grandma's Needlepoint stamp set.  I cut and embssed it with a Spellbinders die and added Peeled Paint Distress Ink in the background.  The image was also water colored before I added a few Sage Green Pearls to the frame.
 I decided to color her little Mary Janes black to match the ones I was wearing in the photo...it is the details that make me smile!

I created the title with a combination of chipboard, alpha stickers and a die cut word.
I think motherhood really is all about the little moments...day to day life...sharing affection and love.  

Thank you for stopping by - I hope you find some time to play today!






Susie Bentz
Susan K. Weckesser Design Team Member




Susan K. Weckesser Products:

Other Products:

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Susie! Love the photo and all of the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your mom had a lot of love to share with 8 kiddos! Sweet memory you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beeeeautiful Suzie and now a treasured keepsake for years to come!!!
    Big hugs
    Tracy
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe