Saturday, November 30, 2013

Ball Ornament Trio

I keep seeing all these cute little ornaments everywhere, glass or plastic balls that are hollow, spherical just begging to be filled with something.  So I did!

Here is the trio I made using lots of items from Ranger, Core'dinations, May Arts ribbons, and of course Susan K. Weckesser stamps!!


 You can find these spherical ornament balls at any craft store, I got plastic ones because they will inevitably be dropped my me or my kids  You pop the top off and let you imagination soar.


For the first ornament I used Ranger alcohol inks and placed a few drops of reds and greens inside the ball and swirled it around.  


I then took the flag banner stamp for the Create your Day stamp set from Susan K. Weckesser and stamped the outside of the ball in black solvent ink.

Create your Day 1

I then took a cluster of flowers on wire stems and wrapped it around the top of the ball, attached the top, created a ribbon just under the flower cluster, and then strung it up with some beautiful gold wide ribbon from May Arts Ribbon.


For the Second ornament ball I stuffed the inside of 2 long stands of May Arts Ribbon (wide red and wide green) and tied a large bow with coordinating red and green ribbon, added the top back on, and strung it up with the same May Arts ribbon as the bow.  Could not be any easier!!


For the third ornament I heat embossed the cute little snowman stamp from Susan K. Weckesser's Let it Snow stamp set on Black Magic paper from Core'dinations.  You then sand the paper down and it creates a resist of the stamp after it has been heat embossed.  

http://www.susankweckesser.com/welcome


I then cut out the little snowman and used Stickles by Ranger in various colors and dusted him in flower soft to make it look like he is dusted in snow.


I then placed the snowman in the ball hung from the topper so it would not fall over, and filled the bottom of the ball with diamond dust so it looked like the snowman was sitting in snow.


 I then added in a flower cluster to the top along with a bow in silver ribbon for May Arts Ribbons.


Strung up the ornament with gold ribbon from May Arts Ribbon and it is done!  My little winter snowman in a ball!

.

Supplies Used
Ball Ornaments - Recollections
Ink/embossing/Stickles - Ranger
Ribbon - May Arts Ribbon
Cardstock -  Core'dinations
Stamps - Susan K. Weckesser
Flowers - Prima, Petaloo, Recollections
Diamond Dust - Flora Craft
Flower Soft - Flower Soft

Enjoy!

Susan K. Weckesser Design Team

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe