Thursday, November 14, 2013

A hand-made Christmas Stocking

Hello everybody!

Emmy here with my Christmas project made for the 5th Annual Christmas Love Campaign with Susan K Weckesser Inc.


This is such a special cause and I hope you will participate with us this year. To jumpstart everyone with some inspiration, the designers at Susan K Weckesser Inc are celebrating a Handmade Christmas from Nov 2-16, and sharing projects handmade in honor of this campaign. We were provided a great selection of products to work with by some amazingly generous sponsors. Thank you to our sponsors. Here are the wonderful sponsors for the 2013 Susan K. Weckesser Inc. Handmade Christmas:









For my project I used products by Susan K Weckesser & Unity, Canvas Corp, Tattered Angels, 7gypsies and May Arts Ribbon.



For my base I used Canvas Corp raw canvas stockings. I decided to add the star pattern using Tattered Angels "Ferrari Red" Glimmer Mist Chalkboard and Prima marketing masking template.


I decided decorate the edge of the stocking with golden decorative stitch.

After the paint was dry, I sewed two stripes of May Arts ribbon to the top part of my stocking. The golden one I folded in a pattern to give more festive look to my project.


I tied a bow, where I wanted my tags to hang, using two different types of May Arts ribbon.


For my tags I used the special Christmas campaign Snowman stamp from Susan K. Weckesser Inc. Each purchase of this stamp will donate $3 toward the Christmas Love Campaign. Here is a direct link so you can buy your One of a Kind Winter at Unity Stamp Co.


I decided to color the snowman with different embossing powders from Sparkle N Sprinkle. Then I added it with 3d tape to the tag base.


To create the tags I used 7gypsies Santa's Journey gift tags. I fussy cut some of the images and adhered them to the base tags with 3d tape.

Here are some more close ups from the finished project:



I hope that you enjoyed today's post!

To further encourage you, how about entering your Hand-Made Christmas project in our Hand-Made Christmas Contest?

HAND-MADE CHRISTMAS CONTEST

To start off this wonderful year 5th year of the Christmas Love Campaign, we are having a Hand-made Christmas Contest.

What you have to do:
*Follow along during our Hand-made Christmas event from November 2 - November 16, 2013 at Susan K Weckesser Inc blog
*Like the Christmas Love Campaign Facebook page ---> HERE.
*Make your own Hand-Made gift. (it can be something you designed yourself or if you want try something that the designers have created please go ahead and have fun and do that!)
*Take a picture and post it on our Facebook page. Or if you have Instagram post it there and tag it #craftuplove , #christmaslovecampaign & #susankweckesserinc so I see it! You can find me @ [SUSANKWECKESSER] on Instagram, so come follow me and I would LOVE to follow you! So much fun!
*Give your gift to a neighbour or stranger to make them smile! SPREAD THE LOVE!
*Come back to our Hand-Made Christmas post and let us know that you have crafted up some love and you will be entered to win a awesome prize pack from the above sponsors.

The prize will include lots of goodies so you can craft up more love! How awesome is that!

You have until November 17, 2013 at midnight MST to enter.

Have fun!

And thank you for joining us!

hugs,
 

2 comments:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe