Thursday, November 7, 2013

Hand-Made Painted Christmas Stocking

Hand Made Christmas with dates_thumb[6]
It is finally time for the 5th Annual Christmas Love Campaign with Susan K Weckesser Inc.
  This is such a special cause and I hope you will participate with us this year.   To jumpstart everyone with some inspiration, the designers at Susan K Weckesser Inc  are celebrating a Handmade Christmas from Nov 2-16,  and sharing projects handmade in honor of this campaign.   We were provided a great selection of products to work with by some amazingly generous sponsors.  Thank you to our sponsors.
Here are the wonderful sponsors for the 2013 Susan K. Weckesser Inc. Handmade Christmas:
35201_145433302136537_6844468_n 553360_455467244502874_612663717_n ma

I used products by Susan K Weckesser & Unity, Canvas Corp, Tattered Angels, & May Arts Ribbon for my project and created a hand-painted Christmas stocking.
CherylBoglioli_CanvasCorp_SKWInc_stocking-4-2
Canvas Corp has a few different stockings in raw canvas and burlap.  I love the natural look of canvas and burlap for Christmas decorations.  I decided to paint my stocking with PanPastel
CherylBoglioli_CanvasCorp_SKWInc_stocking-8
Before coloring the stocking, I stamped the main images I wanted to use on masking paper and cut the images out to protect the surface I did not want colored. 
CherylBoglioli_CanvasCorp_SKWInc_stocking-2-2
After applying the making paper to my stocking, I colored the stocking with PanPastel colors blending them to create a nice soft background.  Using the Sofft sponges, I was able to keep applying color, pouncing it into the raw canvas and blending.
CherylBoglioli_CanvasCorp_SKWInc_stocking-6-2
I then stamped the house and embossed with Ultra-High Ebony WOW embossing powder and then colored the house using more PanPastel and a little white acrylic paint for extra snow!   The PanPastel was sealed using Helmar Matte varnish Krystal Kote.
The snowman stamp is a special stamp we use during the Christmas Campaign.  Isn’t he adorable.  Each purchase of this stamp will donate $3 toward the Christmas Love Campaign.  Here is a direct link so you can buy your One of a Kind Winter at Unity Stamp Co.
CherylBoglioli_CanvasCorp_SKWInc_stocking-3-2
CherylBoglioli_CanvasCorp_SKWInc_stocking-5-2
Instead of stamping the snowman directly on the stocking, I changed my mind and decided to make him 3D.  So I stamped him on some Canvas Corp raw canvas and stitched his outline in black and then came back with basic zig-zag stitches and colored thread for his arms, nose, hat, and scarf.  I doubled some canvas and roughly stitched around him to create his basic shape and then stuffed him.   My little 3D puffy snowman was then glued to the stocking. 
I decided I wanted more sparkly snow, so I glued layers of May Arts ribbon as a snow base.   I also sewed another strip of May Arts ribbon around the stocking cuff.  The house was finished off with a little wreath charm from my Prima Bead ‘Tis the Season’ collection and the stocking received a final mist of Chalkboard Mist by Tattered Angels
I hope you are inspired to create your own Hand-Made Christmas this year.  To further encourage you, how about entering your Hand-Made Christmas project in our Hand-Made Christmas Contest?
HAND-MADE CHRISTMAS CONTEST
To start off this wonderful year 5th year of the Christmas Love Campaign, we are having a Hand-made Christmas Contest.
What you have to do:
*Follow along during our Hand-made Christmas event from November 2 - November 16, 2013 at Susan K Weckesser Inc blog 
*Like the Christmas Love Campaign Facebook page ---> HERE.
*Make your own Hand-Made gift. (it can be something you designed yourself or if you want try something that the designers have created please go ahead and have fun and do that!)
*Take a picture and post it on our Facebook page. Or if you have Instagram post it there and tag it #craftuplove , #christlovecampaign & #susankweckesserinc so I see it! You can find me @ [SUSANKWECKESSER] on Instagram, so come follow me and I would LOVE to follow you! So much fun!
*Give your gift to a neighbour or stranger to make them smile! SPREAD THE LOVE!
*Come back to our Hand-Made Christmas post and let us know that you have crafted up some love and you will be entered to win a awesome prize pack from the above sponsors. The prize will include lots of goodies so you can craft up more love! How awesome is that! You have until November 17, 2013 at midnight MST to enter. Have fun!
Thanks for joining us!
postimage



Cheryl Boglioli
Design Team Coordinator

2 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME!!! I didn't know they made canvas stockings. Now I want to get some and let the older kids make their own and make the baby one for his first Christmas. LOVELY idea - thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* the 3D snowman and using that shimmery ribbon for snow! Great project!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe