Saturday, November 16, 2013

Some "Sweet" Boxes for Some "Sweet" Treats

Hello Everyone! Lynne here today and I am sharing this project I made to kick off the 2013 season for the Susan K. Weckesser Christmas LOVE Campaign - a wonderful tradition started by Susan five years ago in memory of her Father.  The idea is to make and share hand-made gifts with other people - you can share with people you know or complete strangers, but you want to pass the love along.
Since for me Christmas is all about the wonderful goodies we get to make and eat at this time of the year, for my project I made these sweet little gift boxes to house the "sweet things" that I make and give away at Christmas time.
I also love when the outside of my gift looks as yummy as what's on the inside. (smile)
To create the boxes I used another product that I just HAD to have last year, but that has sat in its wrappings ever since...my Sizzix BigZ Pro die #657329 Box with Scallop Lid#2... so YEAH ME! I'm using my stuff again! (grin)
I cut the boxes from Canadian Scrapbooker super stock, and covered them with patterned paper from Fancy Pants' 2013 Merry Little Christmas line and I used May Arts Ribbon to decorate them.  The poinsettias are cut from grunge board using my Sizzix Alterations die and that fabulous red comes from using Tattered Angel's new Ferrari Red Chalkboard Glimmer mist (the glossy look comes from my Favorite CTMH Liquid Glass). Some Want2Scrap jewels finish them off nicely don't you think?
The burlap tag I embellished is compliments of Canvas Corp accented by the Susan K. Weckesser snowman stamped image, which I colored using my dylusion sprays and Rangers stickles and finished off by stitching around the outside with some twine.  I glued dark red card stock to the back and doodled in some faux stitching to finish it off... the perfect handmade tag/ornament for a simple bag of treats.
For this year's campaign we are running a little contest for some amazing prizes donated by our 2013 sponsors... please consider joining us to help spread the LOVE!  
Cheers! Scrapbook Lynne Mizera
A HUGE Thank You to our 2013 Christmas Love Campaign Sponsors:

Susan K. Weckesser Designs

Canvas Corp

Tattered Angels

7Gypsies

Fancy Pants Designs

May Arts Ribbon
Core'dinations 

To start off this wonderful year 5th year of the Christmas Love Campaign, we are having a Hand-made Christmas Contest. What you have to do:
*Follow along during our Hand-made Christmas event from November 2 - November 16, 2013 at Susan K Weckesser Inc blog
*Like the Christmas Love Campaign Facebook page ---> HERE.
*Make your own Hand-Made gift. (it can be something you designed yourself or if you want try something that the designers have created please go ahead and have fun and do that!)
*Take a picture and post it on our facebook page. Or if you have Instagram post it there and tag it #craftuplove, #christmaslovecampaign & #susankweckesserinc so I see it! You can find me @ [SUSANKWECKESSER] on Instagram, so come follow me and I would LOVE to follow you! So much fun!
*Give your gift to a neighbour or stranger to make them smile! SPREAD THE LOVE!
*Come back to our Hand-Made Christmas post and let us know that you have crafted up some love and you will be entered to win a awesome prize pack from the above sponsors. The prize will include lots of goodies so you can craft up more love! How awesome is that! 

You have until November 17, 2013 at midnight MST to enter. Have fun! COME & JOIN US! 

2 comments:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe