Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Paper Cone Christmas Tree - Christmas Love Campaign


I love the idea of the Christmas Love Campaign that Susan K. Weckesser is hosting, it is such a wonderful idea to create a gift for someone you love or even a stranger!!

Here is my project to share with you – coming from our wonderful sponsors Ranger, Fancy Pants Designs, MayArts Ribbon, Canvas Corp, Core’dinations, and more.

I wanted to create something that would stand out, something that could be a center piece, rest on a mantle, or a hall table, and not just another ornament.   So I searched around and found this cute idea of rolling paper into cones and making a tree out of them. 


I used a paper towel roll as the center of the tree, it is about 11 inches long, but you could create taller ones with wrapping paper tubes, cutting them down to any length you want.  I then took the Black Magic and Brights cardstock from Core’dinaions (along with their sanding tool and dust collector to create the distressed papers) and patterned paper from Fancy Pants Designs and Canvas Corps to create the cones for the “leaves” of the tree.  


  I used both adhesive and tape to hold the cones together.  First you use a square size paper (the bottom row is a 6x6 size, then 2 layers of 5x5, then one layer each of 4x4, 3x3, then lastly 2x2), then roll them into each other to create the cone seen above.  You then tape each cone to the paper towel roll (start about 2 inches up from the bottom of the roll).  Start taping all the way around the tube (took me about 8-11 cones per row – smaller cones take more), to create layers for your tree.


After the entire tree was covered with cones I sprayed some Tattered Angels Chalkboard mist in Ferrari Red to cover up the insides of the cones that were not red or green and to give it more of a shabby chic look.  I used a Susan K. Weckesser Stamp to create the little balls hanging from the tree.  I stamped on green paper, punched out the circles with ornament shaped punch, inked the edges with black ink, and attached them to the edged of the tree with little jingle bell brads.


 For the tree topper I created a pom-pom by winding the fibers in red and green (from Canvas Corps and May Arts Ribbons) around a U shaped tool (seen below) many times around, about 100.  
 

You then tie it around the center in a knot to hold it together, and then cut the loops at the end to create a pom-pom.  I tied a bow on the front for a bit more fun!!


 I hope you enjoyed my little tree - now to decided who is getting it :)
I hope this has inspired you to create for the Christmas Love Campaign and create a little gift for someone!
We hope you will join us for our HAND-MADE Christmas Contest, so keep reading.

HAND-MADE CHRISTMAS CONTEST
To start off this wonderful year 5th year of the Christmas Love Campaign, we are having a Hand-made Christmas Contest.

What you have to do:

*Follow along during our Hand-made Christmas event from November 2 - November 16, 2013 at Susan K Weckesser Inc blog 
*Like the Christmas Love Campaign Facebook page ---> HERE.

*Make your own Hand-Made gift. (it can be something you designed yourself or if you want try something that the designers have created please go ahead and have fun and do that!)

*Take a picture and post it on our facebook page. Or if you have Instagram post it there and tag it #craftuplove , #christmaslovecampaign & #susankweckesserinc so I see it! You can find me @ [SUSANKWECKESSER] on Instagram, so come follow me and I would LOVE to follow you! So much fun!

*Give your gift to a neighbour or stranger to make them smile! SPREAD THE LOVE!

*Come back to our Hand-Made Christmas post and let us know that you have crafted up some love and you will be entered to win a awesome prize pack from the above sponsors. The prize will include lots of goodies so you can craft up more love! How awesome is that! You have until November 17, 2013 at midnight MST to enter. Have fun!

COME & JOIN US!

Enjoy!!
http://scraps-of-reflections.blogspot.com/
 Susan K. Weckesser DT Member







3 comments:

  1. Super Fun! Gonna have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project! I think I am going to try this with my nieces...we always do Christmas crafts on Thanksgiving while we are waiting for dinner!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe