Monday, June 3, 2013

Cute little journal!

Today I have a cute little journal to show you.  I love retro things and Susan's stamps "Poised and Pretty" are just that.  A throw back from the mid century where life was simpler and all was good in the world!  When I was looking for something to make with these stamps I ran across one of the journals that I have been hoarding and it was a perfect compliment to these stamps.


I started by stamping the lady onto some paper and cutting her out.  I re-stamped her on a piece of Susan's paper and cut out her dress.  I pasted her onto the cover of the journal and added her dress on top.


 I gathered up some embellishments to decorate the rest of the cover with "sewing type notions".  A spool, measuring tape, scissors etc.


This is the journal that I started with, it already had two similar type ladies on the front of it.


I then stamped the remaining two dress stamps onto scrap pieces of Susan's paper and cut them out.  I then backed them with pink card stock and punched a hole in the top of each one.  I added a gingham ribbon to the top of each one of them.






Here is the journal all pieced together.  The ruler down the side is washi tape and I cut out the hat stamp as well and put a flower on it. It was placed into her hand like she is holding it.


This is the overall shot of it.  The two dresses are book marks that you can leave in place to mark special items of interest. I love it! It is so retro looking..not sure yet what I will use it for, maybe just my everyday thoughts or idea I have for scrapbooking or crafts...



Thanks for stopping by this week and taking a look.  I had fun making this little item with Susan's stamps...take care....see you next time!  Jennifer

7 comments:

  1. Adorable! Thanks for sharing this journal with us. I'm sure you will find the perfect use for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darling! Thank you for sharing. I love the mix of colors and elements. They all come together to make a beautiful design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely original idea, thanks for sharing.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The soft feminine colours and vintage feel makes your journal really special Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful journal Jennifer with your pretty tags and embellishments!!
    Hugs
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just lOVED your bookmark idea! Great project all around Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will never try if this item is not good looking. I was a little worried about buying a leather coat without being able to feel it first. Fortunately,This leather jacket really worked out well.I love it and cwmalls.com.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe