Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Create Your Day...



Good Morning to all you lovely people!  Today on the My Sweet Earth Blog I want to share with you a cool new way to use your stamps.  I created this Cheerful and Happy little piece using a felting technique and some embroidery floss.   I have never felted before... although I've had the stuff in my closet for about five years now (grin) picked up on a holiday on Prince Edward Island and just waiting for the perfect moment to be retrieved... which was Today! 


I LOVE how Susan's stamps, especially the "Create Your Day" set by Unity Stamps just seem to be made for this technique - they are just so whimsical and so pretty!  I used really small images on my 4x4 inch square, but I would recommend starting with something a little larger if you don't want your blue bird to look like a fish with legs (grin).  

I
 Felting is really easy to do and requires very few tools, and it is really, really fun.  There are lots of "how to's" on the web...  



And if you are interested in this technique and would like more details on my process, please stop by my blog for more photos and a more detailed description of this project.  Now Go and Create yourself a LOVELY DAY...grin!
Scrapbook Lynne (Mizera)






2 comments:

  1. Stunning work Lynne!!
    Hugs
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn I agree totally with Tracy - Totally stunning and so different. Welcome to the fuzzy side - of felting that is!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe