Friday, June 28, 2013

a card and a tag


Hi everyone....I wanted to share a card today using Susan's Motherhood stamp. it is such a true statement combined with a great vintage image. being a mother of 4 and watching my 3 girls be mothers-Mother is definitely an action word and way of being even if it is just listening.

I took cardstock and stamped Unity stamp co stamps (layers of life set for May) for a background. I also used stencils with heavy bodied acrylic paint (parchment) to create a little depth.
i finished it off with a bow from leather cord and i used some color box chox ink around the stamped image and the cardstock.






 my next project is a tag using Susan's  A little bit Washi  stamp set. I stamped it on the cardstock tag and on some Tim Holtz tissue tape to add color. I then added one of Tim's frames on the smile stamp to highlight it. finished it off with a little chalk ink around the edges and seam binding stained with walnut stain








happy creating art from the heart, 
jeanie dickinson
lets journey awhile together and be inspired to create the moments of our LIFE. 

2 comments:

  1. Stunning they both are Jeanie,love the textures and I adore your tag!!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanie both your pieces are lovely and they did indeed make me smile!What a great way to use up the little bits of washi that are great but LITTLE :)

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe