Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Come Sail Away, Come Sail Away with Me . . .

Come sail away, come sail away with me . . . dodododooodo . . . Tracy here, I`m singing away over the cutest little boat stamp ever!
Today I have a little project to share using up scraps of wood and old book pages.
I gathered up a few supplies to get started.
A quick coat of Faber Castell Gel Medium over the wood, followed by torn up old book pages . . . I love using old book pages in my projects for a little more added texture.
A quick coat of Acrylic white paint followed by the
Sail Away stamp by Susan K Weckesser/ Unity Stamp co. with a  Jet Black Archival Ink pad.
Then the fun began and eeek I got so carried away I forgot to take any more pics, sorry!
But it`s easy peasy to re create I promise... I started by coloring the waves/sailboat with 
Winsor and Newton water colour paints, the background was created with the blending of
Tim Holtz Distress Paints/Stains with my hands . . . happy, messy, paint, splattered hands.
A little later with very messy hands along with a few scribbles {with a fine black liner}, a little clear embossing powder, some little gem stones, the sentiment from the stamp set all chopped up and the boat stamped again to cut out the sails for a more 3d feel to them ... this is what I ended up with.
I just have to show you this close up, see the scribbles along parts of the stamp, I like to add this to make it more part of the picture and ooooh the sparkle is from the  embossing powder.
Soooo was I finished . . . not yet!
Well, I couldn't leave the back blank soooo out came an inkssentials manilla tag, more Distress paints/Stains,
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Remnant Rubs - words and a little rope for a nautical feel and yep I was done this time.

A little mixed media sailboat art that made me very happy getting all paint splattered!

Thank you so much for looking today

Till next time

Hugs
Susan K Weckesser Design Team member

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Tracy! I love this project and the adorable sailboat stamp! great sparkle too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Love all the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Tracy, I love the little boat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous canvases, Tracy!!! I love how you took us on the journey of your creative process...entering the mind of a mutlimedia genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you lovely ladies! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! NOW I know what to do with that sailboat stamp!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe