Thursday, June 19, 2014

Feeling Blue Dear Friend

Good morning Steph here today feeling just a little blue.  How about you?  What has you feeling blue today?  Is it perhaps the change in the weather?  Or perhaps it's because school is over for another year?  Or perhaps someone near and dear has moved on?  Well, whatever it is that has you feeling blue, pull out some papers from Susan K Weckesser and create.  That always puts me in a better frame of mind.

I found the Feeling Blue label from the Live In Color collection, and knew it would be the perfect focal point of my card. 






A strip of pattern paper was torn, inked, and added to the left hand side of a blue card.   A large flower was then fussy cut and inked with Clearsnap ink before being adhered on top.  The Feeling Blue label was placed alongside the flower.
 
 
 


Using a chipboard ring from Umwow Studios, I inked it and placed it in the center of the flower.  Then I placed dew drops from the Robin's Nest in the center of  both flowers using ScraPerfect's The Best Glue Ever.    A tiny tag from Umwow Studios was also inked with Clearsnap ink and "Dear Friend, I Miss You" was stamped on top. 
 
A little gift to go along with a card is always a nice gesture.  I created a small box, approximately 5" square.  Using left over papers, I  decorated it, adding a fussy cut larger flower for the focal point.  Robin's Nest dew drops were added to the flower centers.
 
And inside ---- who can resist something sweet!
 
 
 

 
 

Now that I've had some time to create, I am feeling so much better.  What about you?  What will you create today?
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
 
Susan K. Weckesser Design Team Member

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card Steph!! Awesome!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card and a box of sweets sure would make anyone feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are sweet and would certainly cheer up anyone.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe