Friday, June 27, 2014

A LITTLE GIFT.....

It is that time of year!  No, not holiday time, end of the school year time!  Teachers, bus drivers, students or graduates.  All of them deserve a little something and nothing is better than a handmade gift.  I thought making these little notebooks into something much better was a great (and economical) way to go.
I attached mulberry paper from The Paper Company to the front of the mini composition notebooks that I got where everything is a dollar.  I used water around the edges of the mulberry paper, and pulled the fibers to make a furry look to my handmade book cover.  Then, I used Ranger Distress Ink in Spiced Marmalade on the binding and some of the fur.  Susan K. Weckesser's awesome stencil was my guide for the "X" pattern down the side.  Miscellaneous ribbon and beads were added to close the book and to mark your page in the book. 


These super cute images are from Susan's beautiful papers, Bouquet and Live In Color.  I fussy cut out the flower and the bird and attached them to the cover.  Susan sent me some fun paper flowers, so I used 2 to finish my handmade book cover off.

Such a fun and easy little book!  I know it will be loved!
Susan K. Weckesser Design Team Member

2 comments:

  1. So bright and cheerful, a great little gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this is a fabulous gift idea! Love the wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe