Monday, June 9, 2014

Spring has Sprung

Good morning Steph here with my first post as a member of the team and I am extremely excited to be a part of this talented group.

The temperatures are finally turning warmer after our cold and dreary winter so I wanted to create a spring themed card.



Susan's Fly Away stamp set by Unity stamps contains 3 stamps - a sun, a cloud and a kite.  I stamped the sun and clouds from this set  then added some color with Pan Pastels and Clearsnap Chalk Ink. I fussy cut them before adding to the card with foam adhesives for dimension.

I die cut a trellis and added small flowers (which I also edged with Pan Pastels) and a tiny wood butterfly.  I felt the butterfly needed to leave a trail along his journey so I placed drops of The Best Glue Ever from ScraPerfect to create his trail, then placed some dew drops from the Robin's Nest on the glue spots.




A sweet sentiment was stamped on a chipboard tag and then nestled amongst the flowers.





Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph Ackerman
Susan K. Weckesser Design Team Member

3 comments:

  1. Love this! I always leave a trail behind my butterflies too! I love how bright and playful this card is. Awesome!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun Steph! Love how you used one of my favorite stamp sets...and so much great dimension. Great first post sweetie

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe