Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Bookmark it and give it away!

I love to make bookmarks and then tuck them away into a book that I checked out from the library and give the next reader a little surprise. I discovered this idea called Art Abandonment in a group over on Face Book. You can attach a little note if you want and that person may even contact you to let you know they got it! 

The bookmarks are very easy to make, I make mine from a 3" wide strip that I simply fold in ½ and secure with my Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Adhesive.

The next step was decorating the bookmark by using the Live in Color Stencil, I colored the numbers in with my PITT pen by Faber Castell, placing each number inside the film strip rectangle frame. Then I doodled over them for just a little added interest and fun.

On the back of each bookmark I stamped the sentiment from the Insta-Cute set, it fit in rather nicely with my book that I checked out, The Tao of Pooh. :)

If you borrow a book from a friend, make one and slide it in as a little thank you gift, they will love it.

waving hi from the hills of North Carolina,
sandee - Design Team member


Susan K. Weckesser Inc. /Crafter's Workershop Stencil


6 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea! How fun for the next reader!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea Sandee!! I'll have to do that the next time I check out an actual book - lately I've been checking out ebooks. I like this one has room for them to write down their favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too Nifty, I love bookmarkers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun~ love bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful thing to do. I love the bookmarks you made and anyone would love to get/find one in a book they rented. You could even leave them in the doctors office as you are waiting hours for the nurse to call you back right in the middle of a good read in one of their magazines. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe