Monday, June 23, 2014

Come Sail Away

Welcome to my first post with the Susan K Weckesser Design team.
Let me share a canvas I made.
I must say I had so much fun creating with this adorable  Sail Away  stamp set created by Susan K Weckesser from Unity.
Let me share a few steps I did to create.
 This is one of my heavy paper pads that I stamped several copies of the Sail Away stamp.

The 12 x 12 canvas was easy to prepare. I put a layer of Mod Podge down and added torn sheets of tissue paper to add layers.
 While the canvas was drying I was able to work on painting the Sail Away  images. I loved mixing and blending several colors and allowing them to dry.
 One important step is to make sure all the tissue paper is trimmed and pushed down on the edges.
 Look how easy it is to blend and make the sea background, I left some white tissue exposed.
Once all the  Sail Away images were dry I was able to fussy cut them. 

 I used Susan K Weckesser's stencil to accent my thick white ribbon, first with ink and then with paint. I stamped and embossed the sentiment from Sail Away on a piece of vellum. I attached the sentiment with some eyelets and layered it on top of a tri-blue piece of ribbon.

 Wanted to share a close up of all the images~I pop dotted all the larger images with the waves. I also decided to cut a few extra images and cut out just the sailboat. I also decided to add some clear lacquer to make the sailboats shine!
 Thanks for your visit, would love to hear what you think of my first canvas project .




 



3 comments:

  1. I think it is lovely! The tissue paper was perfect for the sea! Those stamps are awesome!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the texture you created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background; the texture gives the sense of movement for the sail boats... it's so vivid I can feel the mist from the waves LOL !

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe