Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Remember . . . The Windy City that was mighty pretty?

Hi everyone, Tracy here today with a little more wood Art . . .
 . . . remember this journal entry that I created back in August with 
from the
Purpose Of Art stamp set 
that Susan designed for Studio 12 for Polkadoodles in the UK . . .
 well I thought it was about time I put the idea onto some of that wood I have in a pile in my shed.
I have used a few different products on the wood but other than that it`s just the same.
A quick coat of Maimeri Gesso followed by a little Phthalo Blue Shade Pan Pastel mixed with a little of the Gesso for the background. I didn`t get a clean stamped image, but that`s easy sorted later with a fine liner pen and a few doodle, doodle, doo`s.
I used a combination of Pan Pastels and Water color paints.
Before . . .
. . . Stamping  the image again, snipping a few buildings and clouds out before coloring and fixing in place with Maimeri Matt Medium.
 Following the sky up and over the top along with a little doodled sentiment and Heart.
A few splars of paint, a quick run over with a clear embossing pad, a sprinkling of clear embossing powder set with the heat tool to finish.
It may be only a little chunk of wood, but the do make me HAPPY!
Well that`s all from me today except to say
Thank you so much for taking the time to look
Till next time
Happy crafting!
Toodiloo
Susan K Weckesser Design Team Member

6 comments:

  1. I just adore this! Love the doodles and splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have outdone yourself Tracy. I am sure crafters around the world will never look at a piece of timber in the same way again....mmmm...Super Stars away....what could be in the shed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! That image is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic, Tracy! I love this windy city image on wood! A wonderful treasure, for sure! I'm going poking around where my husband keeps his wood. Maybe I'll find similar treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is absolutely beautiful, Tracy....and creative, too!! The colors and design are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe