Thursday, October 17, 2013

Happy Autumn

Hello there, I'm Jaine and I'm thrilled to be bringing you my first post as a Guest Designer for Susan. I stress Guest as I've just been given one of the spots on the full time DT which I'm absolutely over the moon about. Anyway let me get on with a little bit of background.

I live in Luxembourg, a small country in the heart of Luxembourg which is almost totally covered with forest. At this time of year it's absolutely glorious with Autumn colours starting to take over throughout the forest. 

I've tried to capture some of those colours in a door decoration made using the 'Autumn grunge' stamp set for Unity.


To make my wreath I stamped the leaves with chalk inks from Color Box onto coloured card. I tried to stamp tone on tone for subtle colour play.


I spent time cutting out all those leaves which took a little time but was really worth the effort. I scrunched each leaf up in my hand and distressed the edges and creases with Vintage photo Distress ink.


The next stage was to cut out a ring of cardboard using two plates for a template. 


I used my glue gun to stick the leaves all around the circle. 


The finishing touches were some ribbon, wire and a touch of Smooch Glitz for a bit of sparkle.







 It's now hanging on my front door to welcome the season.

Thanks for reading and happy Autumn to you.

Jaine x


8 comments:

  1. Jainie, your wreath will make a charming accent for your door. The variety of colours you achieved is lovely! I can only imagine how glorious your deciduous forests must be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jaine on making the team..woohoooo!
    Beautiful and so vibrant....joy to look at!!
    Big hugs
    Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wreath Jaine! So happy to be creating with you on the team as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your autumn wreath, the leaves are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow con congrats jaine and you wreath is awesome..xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This wreath is so very pretty; your tutorial is awesome, Jaine!! Congrats on making the team!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Jaine. Love the wreath.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe