Friday, October 14, 2016

There is Always HOPE

October is Mixed Media month  here at { My Sweet Earth }..For this card, I used a piece of Susan's Live in Color paper as the background and her Doodle stencil to create the scallop design.. Colorbox Color Pop Premium Dye Inks in Ice and Kiss  were just swiped over the stencil that was  placed on top of the background paper. Tiny mushrooms from the Bunny Hugs were stamped, then punched out and placed in the scallops. A sentiment and flower from Journal Doodles With a Heart was stamped on cardstock then colored with a combination of Colorbox Color Pop inks in Kiss, Fresh and Ice and Clearsnap Smooch in Siren and Gold Lame'. I popped up the sentiment onto the background paper and also the stenciled background paper to the card base. A faux pearl was added to the flower center. 


These inks really lend themselves to a variety of techniques. I used the Colorbox Color Pop Dye inks in Kiss and Mystery directly on the stamps for the sentiment and flower.They can also be swiped   across an acrylic block and applied with a waterbrush, which is how I colored the flower and mushrooms.. And I also applied them directly to paper through a stencil.


I hope this card will encourage you to use your inks in "different" ways. The colors are so vibrant.And combined with some fabulous stamps by Susan K Weckesser, your projects will be absolutely amazing !!

Debra Davison
Susan K Weckesser Creative Team


1 comment:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe