Sunday, October 30, 2016

Hope & Faith

I have been seeing beautiful Autumn colors everywhere these days -- fall leaves in every hue imaginable, the many colors of  Pumpkin Spice, brightly colored sweaters and my many favorite Fall mugs !! I wanted to do a Fall project but wanted to use something other than the usual leaf theme. Then I remembered a floral stamp set of Susan's and this project was born !! The words I used are from one of my favorite quotes -- "HOPE  is FAITH  holding its hand out in the dark" by George Iles.



  • I used the Sizzix HobNail Vase embossing folder on a light brown piece of cardstock. This design reminds me of my home - we had a vase and doilies just like that in the house I grew up in.  
  • The Hope & Faith words are from the Painted Sentiments stamp set. I used Clearsnap Colorbox Color Pop ink in Sky to stamp the words on a piece of Live in Color paper
  • I stamped the flowers from the In My Garden stamp set onto various Fall-colored cardstocks and paper. The images were all then fussy-cut and arranged into a bouquet for the top of the vase. I adhered the flowers to each other using Tombow MONO Aqua Liquid Adhesive
  • The stamped image was placed on the Left side of the card above the doily and also adhered with Tombow. I used Tombow Foam Tabs to adhere the bouquet to the top of the vase. A few large sequins were scattered onto the stamped image. 
  • I mounted the embossed/stamped card front to a card base made of Kraft cardstock. The bouquet extends above the top of the card and looks just like a fresh bouquet of flowers in a favorite vase !! I fussy-cut several pages of these flowers so I have them to use again. I am already starting an art journal page with a few of these !! ( I find that if I sit and watch TV while I am fussy-cutting, I don't snack at all. )

I hope you have been enjoying the month of October with Susan's Creative Team. It's hard to believe that it is almost November and the holidays will be here soon. I have even heard Christmas music in a few stores already !! I will be sorry to say good-bye to Autumn and all of the lovely colors.



Debra Davison
Susan K Weckesser Creative Team


2 comments:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe