Monday, February 22, 2016

Spring is in the Air and So is LOVE...

Hello and Happy February people!  This month as the sun begins to warm the earth, the birds reappear and the buds on the trees begin to swell, our theme is "You Are My Friend" and we are showcasing cards about Love for our family and our friends.  Today I want to share a mixed media card I created using the "Bouquet" sheet from Susan K. Weckesser's Live in Color paper collection. 
 
I love using this paper because it has so much body that I can shape the image that I cut out and it will hold the shape without flattening.  For this card I used a masking technique where I fussy cut my image and added my ephemera and then covered these with scraps of paper so when I created my inky background the image was protected.

I used a waterproof black pen to add doodles and to outline some items to make them pop as well as my aqua gel pen to create more interest and to add some pops of color.  All these techniques I learned from taking a wonderful hands-on doodling course with Susan Weckesser back in 2010 called "Do the Doodle" and it really changed my creative process for the better!

To get the wonderful washed background, I used a wet wipe to blend the spray ink after it had dried... wonderful isn't it?  Thank you for joining us today and please do leave a comment if you like what you are seeing!
Scrapbook Lynne Mizera
for the Susan K. Weckesser Design Team

Lynne's Blog HERE:  http://scrapbooklynne.blogspot.ca/












1 comment:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe