Saturday, February 27, 2016

Love Ya!

Hello crafty friends. I hope where ever you are the sun is shining and the birds are singing.
I love giving away cards I have made not just on days like birthdays but ordinary and quite random days. It's always nice to receive a surprise right? So here's a card I made . . . not sure who the recipient will be yet!


This card was my first time using this sweet girlie stamp. She was so lovely to colour in and to give this dreamy world to.
I began with a piece of 5in x 5in kraft card and painted the central area with gesso. Using the gesso keeps the colours bright. I experimented with a colour combination I hadn't used before. I think the coral and minty green worked well together. I then softened them by dry brushing some gesso over the top and then some painty splats and some stenciled dots. I love dots!!!
I drew the scallopy ground for her to stand on on an old book page and coloured using Brushed Corduroy distress ink. I stamped the clouds and coloured the same way. The girl was stamped on white card and coloured with Prismacolour pencils as were the flowers. A little bow and some paper flowers with pearly centers and faux stitching finished the card. I then glued it on to a white blank card of the same size. I got so lost in the process of this card I completely forgot about taking photos as I went a long which just shows I had lots of fun!!
Love Ya Whole Bunches can be found right here and is shown below:


The clouds and flowers are from the Create Your Day stamp set which can be found right here and is shown below:



I do hope you like my card and that I've inspired you a little.
Wishing you a lovely day.
Samantha Read
Susan K.Weckesser Design Team Member






4 comments:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe