Friday, February 12, 2016

If Friends Were Flowers

Hello crafty friends. 
It's Samantha here with my first February make and it's a card for a friend :)


My card is ATC sized which is 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches. So it's quite small but it say's so much. 
Inside it says 'I'd pick you'.
I started this sweet card by die cutting some circle confetti from white card and gluing in diagonal corners. When that glue was dry I used some of my favourite colours and painted the background. To give the background more layers I stenciled some white circles and coordinating flowers. I then stamped the flower directly on the card and on a separate piece of white card as shown...


By stamping on the card I could then go around the outline with a charcoal pencil. This makes the flower 'pop' a little from the colourful background. I coloured the flower using Prismacolor pencils.
I stamped the text using a random alphabet stamp set. We all have those right?

For the flowers I used the Journal Doodles with a Heart stamp set which can be found right here.



I do hope you like my little card and that I have inspired you just a little.
Wishing you a lovely day.
Susan K. Weckesser Design Team Member


5 comments:

  1. I love this sweet little card, Sam! It's true that good things come in small packages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Samantha! Beautiful background for delicate flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color's Sam they go so well with the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your background is just DELICIOUSLY DELIGHTFUL Samantha. The circle confetti just adds that extra texture perfectly to your LUSCIOUS background. And your flower turned out just lovely. This card makes me feel really happy - the colors and the whole "feel" of it is just ENCHANTING. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY. j

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your background is just DELICIOUSLY DELIGHTFUL Samantha. The circle confetti just adds that extra texture perfectly to your LUSCIOUS background. And your flower turned out just lovely. This card makes me feel really happy - the colors and the whole "feel" of it is just ENCHANTING. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY. j

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe