Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Journaling Fun with Susan K Weckesser Products

Hello fellow crafters! I hope you're having a fantastic day! Today is my first post for the Susan K Weckesser Inc. Design Team and I am in love with her products. I am showing my journal cover that I have been waiting to do until the journal was filled so it would lay flat while I was working on the inside. 


First I covered the edges of my journal with white gesso. Then I cut down my paper to fit inside the white painted lines and taped down my designer paper with double sided tape.  Any edges that were lifting I squeezed in some glue for permanency.

 Next it was time to go to town on the stencils. I used acrylic paints as well as gesso with my stencils.
I painted the words Live In Color with all the colors of the rainbow.  I like to doodle as well so I took my pen and doodled to my heart's content.

I used Stazon Ink to stamp my image several times on different papers and fussy cut them out.

 Below I decided to try something a little different. I recently purchased some shrink film and I used Stazon inks to stamp some images on. I used a heat tool to shrink my pieces and I adhered them to the cover using lacquer medium. You could also use clear glue.
 Below shows the difference in size.
Here it is all put together! I had so much fun just letting the creativity flow without overthinking!
This was so much fun, I love the papers and stamps. The focal house is a fabulous stamp



I hope you enjoyed my journal cover! Head on over to the store and have a look around!
Warmly, 
Peggy


Products used today are:

Susan K Weckesser Papers Live In Color
6-Live-in-Color-Tags
4a-Live,-Love,-Create
little_haven_packaging.283141320_std
SB-1264A-JOURNAL-DOODLES-WITH-A-HEART
Doodle-Stencil
  • Shrink Film
  • Stazon Ink
  • Acrylic Paints
  • Liquitex Gesso
  • Heat Gun
  • Journal Cover (Cottonwood Arts)
  • Double Sided tape / Glue
  • Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink

2 comments:

  1. Bright, colorful, & fun. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What incredible Energy this project projects! I LOVE how happy it makes me feel. and I LOVE how you used that paper line and paper pieced everything... One of my favorite techniques!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe