Monday, October 12, 2015

Altered Canvas Bag by Shilpa

Hello Everyone, Shilpa here, 
I am super excited to share with you my first post here.
I've altered small canvas bag and for that I've used Happy The Homestead stamp
 designed by Susan Weckesser



Let's see the process...


When I saw this small(7 1/2" *6") canvas bag at my local craft store, I knew it is perfect for altering with Susan's cute stamps. 
I started with applying coat of white gesso. Let it dry completely.



I stamped on the surface with text and texture stamps and Jet black Archival Ink




I adhered washi tape with soft gloss gel. It was the time to bring on the colors. I used Gelatos for this.
I applied Gelatos directly on the surface, spritzed water and blended the colors with my fingers.
 


I stamped  the Happy Homestead house image with black archival ink on design paper. Cut it out and adhered it on surface with soft gloss gel. Further I colored it with PIIT pens.



Some more stamping in the background to create flowers, birds and clouds..and my bag is ready.
I believe this will be fabulous gift for any special friend!

That's it for today, let me know if you liked my Altered Canvas Bag.
I'll see you again in two weeks ...for more mixed media projects visit my blog Neon Diary.


Products used:
Susan K Weckesser designed The Happy Homestead Stamp
Gelatos,
Design Papers
Ranger Jet black Archival Ink

12 comments:

  1. What a beauty this is Shilpa !! love the beautiful scene you have created with the unique stamps !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bag! I've often seen the bags at craft stores but never thought of stamping on them. Thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..Its So beautiful , I never tried using gelatos on fabric !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The altered bag looks fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing the way you have built up the layers of colour and stamping. Well done, a lovely colourful project. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely ADORABLE Shilpa. Love the colors and that house stamp is just so cute. So interesting how you did this... loved your tutorial. I learned a lot! Thanks bunches for such a wonderful inspiration. j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous!!! I love that Shilpa.
    HUGS Dunja xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shilpa - the little pouch is so adorable and wonderful! I love the colors and images and thank you for sharing your process.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You rocked it Shilpa .... adorable! !! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shipla... what a FABULOUS project! and Gesso on fabric... now Why didn't I think of that?!? I Love everything about this... the colors you chose, the stamps you used and the finished project... Now I want to go find all MY canvas bags!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe