Friday, November 21, 2014

Painted Burlap Gift Bag


Hi! Dana here today sharing a painted burlap gift bag. The Sing Your Song Stamp Set is one of my favorites and I had a lot of fun using it to upcycle this plain burlap bag. You may be wondering how I stamped onto burlap. Today I'm sharing a very simple process that involves one of my secret crafty weapons...tissue paper!


I inserted a piece of cardboard into the burlap bag before I started painting to prevent the paint and other mediums from bleeding onto the back of the bag. I then used gesso and acrylic paint to brush on a simple sky scape. I stamped the bird and tree pattern onto a piece of white tissue paper using Archival Ink. Next, I carefully cut the excess tissue paper from around the stamped image and applied the pieces onto the bag using gel medium.


Here is what the bag looked like after the tissue paper was sealed to the surface. Note: If you're not in to fussy cutting, you could certainly trim the full piece of tissue paper down to size, glue the larger image onto the bag, and then paint over the entire piece of tissue paper.


Here's a close-up of my painted bag. I filled this bag with bird seed and suet and plan to give this gift to a fellow bird lover. With the ride range of Susan K. Weckesser/Unity stamps, personalizing gift bags for friends is super fun and adds a personal touch that is sure to be appreciated.


http://www.unitystampco.com/shop/sing-your-song/

Thanks for stopping by today!
~Dana Tatar - Susan K. Weckesser Designer

2 comments:

  1. Love this Dana! I would so love to make these as a gift for so many people. Bet your friend loves it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe