Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Exploring an Art Journal Page

Hello all you wonderful Blog Followers!  Lynne here today with my first design team post for the month of November.  This month our theme is "Exploring Our Backyard" and we will be using our Art Journals to share with you what we see around us as we explore our world with "new" eyes.  But I would like to take this one step further and I will be using this time to also explore new techniques and new products, as well as to try and use old products in new ways, because, to me, that is what Art Journaling is all about.  Here is the Art Journal Page I created:

This page was a week-long art journey, with me taking my time and layering and layering with no real outcome in mind, allowing myself to just DO whatever came into my mind with whatever products I wanted to use.

Taking all the pressure off myself to "make something pretty" or to achieve a final outcome allowed my Art Soul to fly free and allowed me to really explore Who I Am as an Artist, a Crafter, a Woman, a Beautiful Soul, a Child of God, a Human Being Residing on this Earth... See what I mean? (smile)
If you are interested in my Art Journey and want to see how what started as THIS page:
Turned into THIS page:

Please do Pop on over to MY BLOG and read all about it as well as hearing a bit about what I think Art Journaling is all about!  Thanks for stopping by today ((Hugs))

Lynne Mizera
for the Susan K. Weckesser Design Team

Products used on this project:
Susan K. Weckesser Unity Stamps "Sail Away" and "Journal Doodles with a Heart"
Close to my Heart Liquid Glass
Derwent Inktense Blocks 
Golden Fluid Acrylic Paint
Idea-ology Tissue Wrap - Composer
Ranger Archival Ink, Stickles and Liquid Pearls

Sharpie Oil Based Paint Pens
Sharpie Black Ultra Fine Point
UniBall Signo White Gel Pen





2 comments:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe