Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sharing a little Mixed Media Love!

Sunny Day 3
Hello from Alberta, Canada!
Mixed-Media-2-350px
Wow… is this blog a hopping today! I am SO glad to have you come and visit. So, pull up a comfy chair, feel free to look around and enjoy your visit!  Sunny Day5
What is Mixed Media? 
mixed-medi·a (mkstmd-) adj.
mixed media
pl.n. (used with a sing. verb)
1. A technique involving the use of two or more artistic media, such as ink and pastel or painting and collage, that are combined in a single composition.
2. artistic media used in combination in a single work.   *Webster's Dictionary


I LOVE MIXED MEDIA…
and I really am excited to be part of this wonderful Creating Keepsakes Special volume, jammed packed full of creative AWESOMENESS! Not to mention….how cool is this blog hop! So many WONDERFUL designers that created artwork for this AMAZING issue are joining in for this Blog Hop! How COOL is that!! The techniques that each of these designers show in this issue are so incredible!
SusanK.Weckesser pic2
Here are just a couple sneak peeks of some really neat pieces created by Sara Strickland, C.D. Muckosky, Mega Klauer , and Ronda Palazzari. Every artist’s work in this magazine is AMAZING and it truly is one of those magazines that you want to keep forever and ever!
AMAZING TECHNIQUES!
If you follow my work and my wonderful Susan K. Weckesser Inc. Design Team you know that I & we love to dabble a little in everything. I personally love mixed media because I find it to be so healing and uplifting. It truly is a way for me to unwind after a hectic day, let my soul recharge, and my heart soar!

“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”

Thomas Merton, No Man Is an Island
Here is a sneak peak of my work that you are going to find in this fun Creating Keepsakes Issue.
Inpire Weckesser 2[13]
Yes…. I do like my little whimsical house! *grin*
Last week I was part of another Creating Keepsakes Mixed Media Blog Hop which you can see HERE.  During that blog hop I was given a copy of Creating Keepsakes new special issues Mixed Media, vol. 2. to give to someone.
Well, Guess What!?
I still have a copy of this WONDERFUL issue to give to someone!  How AWESOME is that!!! 
 Leave me a comment here telling me that you have checked out the rest of the blog hop and also let me know if you have ever tried Mixed Media. I am super curious. How does it make you feel? Do you like trying new techniques?
Do this by September 26, 2013 and you could be randomly chosen to win a copy of Mixed Media, vol. 2
(International winners, you’ll be given a download for a PDF version of the magazine.)
Mixed-Media-2-350px

Creating Keepsakes Mixed Media Designers BLOG HOP LIST:
BE sure to check out all these amazing artists and give them some LOVE cause they truly do ROCK!
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
                Liz Hicks                 
Thursday September 26th 2013
Susan Weckesser <------- are="" here="" you="">

Sunny Days 8
Thanks SO much for coming by! Oh and just to let you know… This week on the Susan K. Weckesser Inc. blog which is also here on {mysweetearth} there is also another blog hop going on. You can find out more about it HERE.
Back-to-School-Blog-Hop-sept2013_thu
Have an AWESOME and CREATIVE day full of lots color and glitter!
hugs,
Susan xo




2 comments:

  1. i have hopped through everyone to get to you. I really love mixed media but i'm not that comfortable with my finished products. but i will persevere and keep trying!!! Thanks for the inspiration and the hop i needed the exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've hopped through both days! I love mixed media and do it all the time - it allows me to express myself.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe