Friday, September 6, 2013

Choices and Chances

Hello Everyone!
Don't you hate when a favourite shirt becomes shabby and stained.
I loved the softness of the linen shirt but not the stains!
So I set about to remedy the situation

Quick as a flash the dowdy old collar came off.
Then using Jacquard Lumiere Paints and a big selection of 
Susan K. Weckesser Stamps for Unity I got to work.

Here's the front




A little advice if you want to try this.
Try on your shirt and plan where you want to dress up.
Work slowly and let each section dry.
Heat set each area with the iron as you go.
Limit your colours and stamps and repeat little elements where you can.

I love to have the back of my clothes look interesting too!





To pull the design together I used black thread and outlined each section with my handmade braiding.


Just when I thought I was finished and was ironing for the last time I spied


A nasty little stain in a prominent section of the front.

So...
The cutie heart stamp came to the rescue.

My revamped jacket has already had an outing to a Craft Show!
The reaction....WOW!!
Especially when people realised I had created it myself.

The choices we make and the chances we take
 are what keeps crafting such an interesting adventure.
Julie

3 comments:

  1. Julie... You are AMAZING! YOu make me want to learn how to sew!!! LOVE IT..Smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want it, I need it, I loooove it Julie...beautifully enhanced jacket and not surprised people are wowed by it!!
    Big hugs
    Tracy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe