Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Just a Little "Thankful" Post

Hello everyone!  Lynne here with a quick little "thankful post" for you today.  In case you weren't aware, I live in Alberta, Canada on an acreage just north of Calgary.  And if you have been watching the news lately you probably know that this part of Alberta has been dealing with some severe weather issues - if it's not water related (flooding) it's wind related (tornado's!) and we have even been having CRAZY lighting storms and HUGE hail ...larger than golf balls in some cases!  And all this weather has been swirling around our little acreage, but nothing has actually been a direct hit... (grateful sigh)  And as I watch the clean up that is taking place in the area, and help out where I can, I find myself saying a continual prayer of gratefulness in my head, heart and soul for our home still being safe and dry... I am SO VERY THANKFUL!
So I created this little card to give some tangible expression to my grateful heart... using Susan K. Weckesser's "Sail Away" stamp (again... grin... can you tell I LOVE this one... Bigger Grin) I stamped, colored and cut-out three images and re-layered all those pieces using foam pop dots to create dimension and layers.


I created my card base using 120lbs watercolor paper and a simple watercolor wash sprinkled with salt while still wet.  After it has dried you brush off the salt and you have this really great texture.  I used my black copic liner to draw in the horizon and the sun after I had glued down all my pieces, I also added some extra lines in the water to give a "water wake" effect.  

And as always (for me...smile) some stickles and liquid glass to highlight some areas and a wobbly black line around the edge finished off the card.   Thanks for stopping by the My Sweet Earth Blog today ... and I encourage you to take a moment in your day to stop and recognize all you have to be thankful for in your life right now - Cheers!!! Scrapbook Lynne

3 comments:

  1. Your Post is wonderful Lynne! I hope there is some peace and benevolence over the coming weeks for you and your community!May your boat rock you gently and take you on a wonderful journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne!! This is stunning - simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynnr truly heartfelt and a stunning piece of art work!!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe