Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Stamped & Soldered Pendant


CherylsWindow_primabead_SusanKWeckesser-3
Hello!  Cheryl Boglioli here to share a quick little happy piece I made.  I’ve created a happy personalized necklace using papers and a small sentiment Unity stamp from Create Your Day by Susan K Weckesser.  After cutting out the paper, I added a little more pop of color using my PanPastel colors around the edge and around the butterfly.  I stamped the sentiment using Ranger black Archival Ink and heat set to make sure it didn’t smear when placing between the two memory glass pieces.  I sandwiched the little piece of art between two pieces of 1.5x1.5 Inkessentials Memory Glass and wrapped with copper foil before soldering.
I’m not a solder expert yet by any means, but I’m having fun practicing.  I’m still working on the whole process and am actually anxious to look back in a year or more and see how my beading, jewelry design, and soldering skills improve over time.
CherylsWindow_primabead_SusanKWeckesser
To finish and attach the pendant to my necklace, I set two Stainless Steel jump rings in the top and one in the bottom of the pendant. I cut a Prima Bead Stainless Steel chain in half and added a jump ring to both pieces before attaching to the pendant. I also added a few drop beads to the top jump rings and the bottom for greater design interest.   You can find more details about this piece and my earrings over on my blog today too.
Go out and CREATE YOUR DAY today!

4 comments:

  1. Cheryl this is fabulous. I love the elegance of your jewellery! Will you nip on over and give me a lesson in soldering pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julie! And I would LOVE to come visit Australia. One day. When I get better at this, maybe I'll throw up a tutorial in the meantime.

      Delete
  2. I loooove it Cheryl beautiful jewellery!!
    Hugs
    Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe