Monday, January 11, 2016

Under the Stars

Happy New Year from me to you! It's Samantha here with my first Tag of Love.
I'm really not the most romantic person so I found this quite a challenge lol!
 I began my tag by starting with plain white card and after cutting to the desired size and shape I covered with a page from an old book. I then painted using colours that I thought represented a romantic evening under the stars for these two love birds. I added layers by stamping stars, circles, hearts and paint splats.
Sometimes us stampers get a stamp and wish it was facing the other way, so here's a great technique for turning images around. It's so easy! Take some ordinary, plain white tissue paper. Use just one ply. I have found Archival ink pads work best and simply stamp your stamp twice and then flip one over. That's all there is to it and you have mirror images. Cool right?
I finished my tag with some midnight blue ribbon and glitter on the stars. I also used some Tim Holtz Chit Chat stickers for the text.
The stamps I used are:
At Ground Level which can be found here.

Journal Doodles with a Heart which can be found here.

and finally A Little Bit Washi which can be found here.
I do hope you like my tag and I have inspired you a little.
Wishing you a lovely day,
Susan K.Weckesser Design Team Member

3 comments:

  1. So sweet, Sam! I think you did "romance" just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Sam, sooooooo romantic! :) Love this tag. Coco xx

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe