Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Altered Art

Hi Jennifer here again.  This week I have another mixed media art piece to show you.  I started with the cover off of a Tim Holtz box and I covered in a specialty paper I got at the scrapbook store.  I used Aleen's Tacky Glue to adhere it, then I covered the edges in washi tape

I had a variety of different items I wanted to use, the main item is from Susan Lenart Kazmer line of items it is the 'at' in the box.  The frame is a metal one I picked up at the antique store and the star is from a Christmas ornament. The wings are from Maya Road and have been sprayed with Tattered Angles and inked. 

I made a backing from cardboard to cover it all up and glue it all down.  I added other items it it butterflies, flowers, letters, bling etc. 

I stamped one of SKW ladies out and cut here out and put her into the spool. I think she fits in really well.







 
I hope you like it.  I am planning on putting some Tim Holtz feet on it as well at some point tried to buy them today but they were all out at the store.  I really enjoyed making this Altered Art piece and will be keeping it in my scrapbook room.
 
Bye for now Jennifer
 
 
 
 
 
 




 

1 comment:

  1. Jen, this is absolutely AMAZING!! You are the creative queen, my friend. Love the wings protruding from the box. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe