Monday, April 22, 2013

The Fragrance of Flowers - art journal page

Hello Friends! JJ here today, to share an art journal page with you.  Every spring, when the lilacs bloom, the fragrance brings me right back to when I would play near my grandmother's lilac bushes.  The smell always reminds me of her.


First I created my background with acrylic paint.  The next step was stamping and embossing in white, using the flowers from the Create Your Day stamp set, and film strip and camera from the Insta-Cute set.


I then added some Smooch inks to highlight some of the stamps.


I finished off the page with my journaling, using a white gel pen and white india ink.


Is there a fragrance that triggers such memories for you?   Feel free to leave a comment and tell us about it!

Susan K Weckesser products
- Create Your Day stamp set
- Insta-Cute stamp set

Partner products
- Clearsnap embossing ink, embossing powder, and Smooch

JJ Sobey - Susan K Weckesser Design Team member

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful JJ and as I said red hot pokers bring back memories of my Gran and Di. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe