Thursday, April 11, 2013

Time for Tea . . .

This week, our Susan K Weckesser team is partnering up for fun, color, and inspiration with Clearsnap, so make sure you check out both sites all week. And don’t forget to connect with our Facebook pages, too: 
 
 Hi everyone, Tracy here and I am sooo excited to be combining two of my loves-

  Anyone for afternoon tea?

I have popped together a whimsical paper mache tea cup and teaplate to share with you all using a few of my favourite things . . . 

It all started with an empty Kelloggs Cornflake packet, old book pages and watered down pva glue . . .
 . . . you can find a template and tutorial here from Ann Wood, will be trying this next time for sure.
I used a teacup to get a rough reference to make my base, chopping and sticking it all together . . . kinda rough and needs some love with stamps and inks galore!!
 A quick coat of white Acrylic paint and a quick blast from my heat tool to speed things up.
Taking the stylus tool from Clearsnap, I applied fluid Chalk ink pads for the background.
Time to get stamping with Colorbox Wicked Black Archival ink pad and
the flower stamps from Create your Day by Susan K Weckkeser

Did I tell you yet how much I looove Smooch?
I Looove them, here is a peek at just a few I have used to color in the stamped images . . .
Don`t they look just delicious and they have the cutest names . . . Taffy, Lettuce, Sassy Pink . . .

It was looking a bit flat at this point, so out came some Smooch Spritz in various colors along with a few Jumbo sized ones . . . my heart sings when I use them!
  I love how the Smooch Spritz brought it to life with bursts of color dotted around!
 I used the same mix of ink pads and sprays for the teaplate, stamped and then coloured to tie it in with the tea cup.
 Now if you have a cup of tea, then you have to have something to look at and as I adore
Susan K Weckesser Stamps and Clearsnap products,
I got carried away and made this in my raggedy old book turned Art Journal,lol.
 Spraying smooch Spritz to make my the background.
Inking up  The Happy Homestead and A Little Bit Washi with the Wicked Black Archival inkpad.
More Smooch Spriz sprays and Jumbo Smooch Spritz  to color.
Applying the Watermark ink pad randomly to the page, sprinkling with Clear embossing powder and heating to give it a beautiful shine.
I took another sentiment from Create Your Day, stamped onto card, cut out and fixed in place to finish.
Whew, that`s all from me today
but
be sure to head on over to the Clearsnap blog to check out what the team created.

Happy Crafting

Design Team member for Susan K Weckesser

9 comments:

  1. I like ... So creative and fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these pieces are amazing - I love that you went 3D with the teacup and saucer, and your AJ page is so rich in colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that is just amazing. I love the tea cup and saucer. It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The creativity shines in both projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute tea cup. I like how you made it so colorful with the Smooches. I would like to try to make a whole tea set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Madam Tracy! This is super. Now if you would like to whip over with your cute cup and saucer, don't forget to bring a set for me too I can offer you a delicious home grown coffee on the verandah?
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow amazing work of art...luv luv it how special a cuppa would be in beautiful cup
    With matching saucer. Luv it... I adore your AJ pages luv. colours u have used looks really 3D..luv that little house stamp once again your work is so inspiring thanks for all your fantastic works of art makes you want to try and make something as good as yours...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...these are awesome!!! Love every bit of this!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe