Friday, July 8, 2016

Watercolored Floral Card

Hi everyone, Steph here today with my first post as part of the Susan K. Weckesser Design Team.  I am using the amazing What's Up Gnomey? stamp set.  This set of 15 stamps has lots of possibilities.  And I am also using the newest Colorbox® Color Pop Archival Dye Ink by Susan K. Weckesser - such amazing colors!


I started by stamping 3 ink colors on a stamp block - Kiss, Sky and Fresh.


Next, I spritzed the block with a little water.  I wanted to create a water color effect.  Moving the block allows the inks to run and co-mingle.


I placed white cardstock on top of the block and lightly rubbed to pick up the colors.

 
And look at my result.

 
I matted the white panel with red cardstock.  Next I stamped a flower on each color and then several butterflies across the top using Mystery ink.
 
 
To finish I added a stamped sentiment across the bottom, adding it to the card with foam adhesives for dimension.



I hope you've enjoy today's post.

Steph Ackerman
For the Susank K. Weckesser Design Team

2 comments:

  1. That watercolor technique is a favorite of mine..... Your card is bright & cheery !! So nice being on the Creative Team with you !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique, Steph! Such a cheerful card with those fun colours and stamps! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe