Saturday, July 16, 2016

Home Sweet Home Canvas


Hello everyone! Katy here making my debut on this fabulous Design Team! My first project is a small canvas which would make a great new home gift. I used a mix of paper piecing and stamped images onto a background created with inkpads. I really like the whimsical feel of this piece with it's naive style.

Susan K. Weckesser Inc. products used:
I've created a quick process video showing you how I used the Color Pop Inks to make a background on my canvas.


My little houses are paper pieced from Susan's gorgeous patterned papers. The doors and windows use stamps from the Grunge Fun set and I used the same set to add texture to the houses and roofs. Each is finished with a tiny stamped heart.

The clouds are stamped onto white card with Ice ink, patterned with the Grunge Fun spotty stamp and cut out. Similarly, the sun is stamped in Kiss ink onto an area of one of the patterned papers.


I finished with some letter stickers and little brad doorknobs to embellish. The sides are decorated using just part of the kite stamp from Fly Away to create a repeat pattern.


I hope you like my very first project! It was a lot of fun to make.

Best wishes,
Katy x

Created by Katy Leitch
For the Susan K. Weckesser Creative Team

Fly Away stamp set


Grunge Fun stamp set

4 comments:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe