Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Collecting Moments with a Forever Friend

Hello!  Susie here today sharing a layout  about my "Forever Friend" - my sister, Teresa - using the Collecting Moments Collection from Fancy Pants Designs.  This collection definitely puts me in a retrospective mood.  I can't seem to help reaching for photos from my childhood! 
 My sister and I are only 14 months apart in age and played together constantly while growing up. I am particularly fond of the color photo.  We were living in South Carolina at the time and our bare feet are just filthy!  :)  My mother told me recently that I found every opportunity to kick off my shoes - all these years later and not much has changed!


The playful sun and clouds from Susan's Fly Away stamp set provided the perfect bit of whimsy.  I stamped the sun on a piece of Golden Road paper from the Collecting Moments collection and cut it out.  I stamped the cloud twice onto a textured white cardstock and cut them out.

I specifically chose some of the Fancy Pants embellishments because they hold personal meaning for me.  For instance, I chose the (2) dominoes in the bottom left corner because my sister and I are numbers 7 and 8 in the birth order in my family.  It is one of those things that other people wouldn't catch, but it just makes me smile when I see it! I will let you wonder about the rest!


For the title I combined (2) Fancy Chipboard Words from Want2Scrap. I centered them on the page and left them completely bare...like my feet! :)

In honor of Susan's 5th Annual Christmas Love Campaign, this layout was created as a gift for my sister, my Forever Friend!  Are you using your crafty talents to share the love?  I hope so!  Handmade gifts and cards are the best!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!






Susie Bentz
Susan K. Weckesser Design Team Member



Products:

1 comment:

  1. The layout is beautiful! I love how you used the stamped accents!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe