Friday, August 16, 2013

Tough to make but so appreciated!

Hello this is Julie.
Do you struggle with Sympathy Cards....I do!
In fact, sometimes, despite my best intentions, they neither get made nor sent.
This past weekend after a conversation with a widowed friend about the loneliness of grief I thought long and hard about my feelings. Loss of family and friends is an experience we all face, often quite unexpectedly.


After my friend had gone I had to make two sympathy cards and so rather reluctantly I began.


Now Susan K. Weckesser is known for a whimsical and light style but it was in fact some remnant papers and her super Washi Tape Stamps for Unity that began a creating session.

Using Time To Create Handmade Embellishments meant I had my two cards done in a little time.
Why not, I thought, create some more cards to have on hand?


Inside this one it says "I'm thinking of You!


I don't like "With Sympathy", so instead I use words that will have meaning for the recipient and enable me to be personal in what I write.


If my card can reach out to a bereaved friend and let them know I care then perhaps the loneliness will be lessened a little. I know how I have appreciated the thoughtful gestures and kindness we have received over the last few years.


After all, a response that is heartfelt and real will always ease sadness, even if it is just a little.
Thoughtfully yours
Julie

4 comments:

  1. Julie you have to one of the most thoughtful and caring person I know.
    So sorry to hear about your friend.
    Each card has been made with love and whoever recieves them will cherish them!!
    Big hugs
    Tracy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julie... THANK YOU for sharing your thoughts and feelings on such a personal and difficult subject. I too struggle with bereavement cards... not wanting to offend or be too personal, so I also end up sending nothing! Thank you for helping me see it from a different perspective! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, thank you for sharing this with us with such kindness and beauty. Your post is so very thoughtful, too.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe