Thursday, August 29, 2013

Simple Bag

Hello, Allie here to share a little project I created using the Celebration of Simple stamp set designed by Susan for Unity Stamp Company.

I had some dyed fabric scraps left over from a recent project and I thought it would be fun to make a simple bag. I love to have bags and boxes on hand, because I'm always getting a simple little something for a friend.

So, this project is truly a Celebration of Simple!



I stamped the pennants on to scraps and cut them out with pinking shears, then sewed the top of each pennant to a square of fabric that I had hemmed at the top. I stamped the sentiment on the same piece. I then sewed two squares together (back to back) and turned them right side out.

I thought it was a little plain, so I added some fun buttons at the top with embroidery thread.

Supplies:


  • Fabric - Moda 
  • Buttons - Buttons Galore
  • Stamps - Susan K Weckesser for Unity
  • Ink - Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts "Stazon" Inks
  • Embroidery Thread and Sewing Thread - Coats & Clark
  • Dye - Rit Dye
  • Shears - Fiskars

Now, I have a fun little bag for gift giving. It's all about the presentation, right? What would you use a fun little bag for?

Thanks for joining me, I've really enjoyed guest designing for Susan and friends!



2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy seeing stamping used across many crafts so well done Allie! Your little pennant bag is so pretty and the sentiment perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so pretty Alli....love the bright and cheery colors and buttons! Nothing better than a pretty packaged gift to brighten your day.
    Big hugs
    Tracy
    Xcxx

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe