- Stamps - Celebration of Simple by Susan Weckesser (Unity Stamp Company)
- Cardstock - Neenah Solar White
- Copic Markers - Y02, R20, R29, BG45, YG06, BG10, YR04
- Sharpie - Laura Kelly
- Tsukineko Memento Inks - Tangelo, Bahama Blue, Lady Bug, Bamboo Leaves
- Pinwheel SVG - My Card Party
- Bling - Bulk Bling from Want2Scrap
- Buttons - Buttons Galore & More
- Twine - Coats & Clark, The Twinery, My Mind's Eye, Doodlebug Design
- Adhesive - Glue Dots, AdTech Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Skewers (available at your local grocery)
Other - Silhouette Cameo, Pinwheel file available for download below.
- Cut 4 pinwheels.
- Stamp images and color. Add random doodles.
- Place a large glue dot in the center of the pinwheel. Roll one of the blades of the pinwheel from the outer corner towards the center. Tip - use a fat sharpie and roll paper so that you don't crease the blades of the pinwheel.
- Repeat with other corners, always heading in the same direction.
- Prepare 8 buttons. Layer several colors of twine together. Use string to tie the twine to the button (with the knot at the back). Trim twine and fluff up. Add bulk bling with glue dots. Adhere button to the center with a generous dollop of hot glue.
- Repeat with all pinwheels.
- Add a large dollop of hot glue to the back of each pinwheel and press a skewer gently into the glue. Allow to cool. Add some more glue and add a button to the back. Note - you can trim the skewers to different lengths before or after. I like to leave the pointy end at the bottom, so they can be placed in the ground, or into styrofoam with ease.