Thursday, December 9, 2010

Stitching Embellishments

 

Remember when...cover

mitten close up

mitten close up 1

Try something different when you are making embellishments for your scrapbooking layouts, cards, mini albums or other craft projects. Why not try using embroidery stitching to fancy up embellishments. Stitches are really easy to do and will add some whimsy to you project. For my little mittens I used the 'lazy daisy' stitch. Figure 1

fig.1detached_chain_stitch

If you don't know or remember stitches, there are my web sites that show instructions how to do these stitches, like Mary Corbet's Needle & Thread . Give it a try…you might like it!

We have another give away today! We want to hear how you are spreading some Christmas Love so please leave a comment or visit our face book page and show us what you have been doing! The prize package includes some of October Afternoon's beautiful Christmas paper!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!! I love this blog!! xx I love to wish EVERYONE a Merry Christmas when I am out shopping!1 These days, most people seem to see Christmas as a chore, which I find quite sad. my aim is to remind people that it's not about the mad rush to get the perfect gift, but about peace and love to all mankind!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stitched embellishments look like great fun. Have to try it.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe