Monday, September 5, 2016

Friends Card


Hello friends - Katy here today and I am sharing a mixed media card using the adorable owl from Susan's Going Wild stamp set for Unity. The team are making cards this month with a friendship theme, so I combined the owl with a heart motif.

I actually created this card from digging around in my scraps box. The background is made from card that's been dipped into Distress Sprays and water smooshed onto a craft mat and is leftover from a bigger project. I added a stencilled border with the Doodle stencil to give it some additional detail.

The heart has been embossed through a Big Shot and then is painted with ColourArte Silks in Teal Zircon - this has a gorgeous shimmer. The heart was a reject from another previous project. I inked the edges to make it pop a bit more from the background.

I coloured my owl to match and finished with a flower from - you guessed it! - my scraps box and a word sticker.

All of which proves you should never throw anything away (despite what your husband might say!).

Hope you like my little card!
Katy x

Susan K Weckesser products used:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe