Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Time Flies

****confession  time****
Just between you and meoccasionally mess up a journal page in my art journal book and the only way to cover it up is by adding some beautiful paper over the top of it. This particular page "time flies" will be glued into the book to cover up a previous mistake.

I used the Live in Color stencil as a template to create the criss cross sewing which attaches the 2 Live in Color papers together which creates the heart. Sewing is very simple to do on paper, mark your spots through the stencil to punch the holes, tape your embroidery thread down and sew away. It gives a great dimension to any project without adding any bulk.

 I love to embellish Susan's papers by out lining them with a
Pigma Sensei Manga  pens by Sakura. Waterproof pens are a must have for any of my mix media projects.

I also enjoy pulling out my magazines to cut out an image that speaks to me or my box of "eclectic stuff" that is filled with delicious tactile materials like the netting, and an old book that I can tear up and ink with some sepia toned Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray inks to get a nice aged patina.

Just remember, no one has to know you made a mistake ;)

other products used:
Helmar Tacky Glue
The Crafter Workshop - stencil 478 Beaded Curtain
Rangers - stickles, yellow and star dust
 7 Dots Studio - moon die cut
Heidi Swapp - time flies embellishment
Inktense Blocks
water brush

Sandee
waving hi from
the hills of North Carolina

6 comments:

  1. Great page!! What a clever way to fix "mistakes". Although I'm sure the actual page is awesome too!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is fabulous!!! I just love this page, all the fun pieces and stitching add so much. No such thing as a mistake, just another opportunity. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe