Thursday, May 30, 2013

A is for Art!

Or in this case, it stands for Aili, my daughter.  (It rhymes with smiley, in case you are wondering!)

Hello, everyone!  It's Sue Sykes here today, a little bittersweet that this is my last day to share a project as a Guest Designer with the Susan K. Weckesser team.  Susan and the ladies have been wonderful and welcoming, and I'd like to send them all a little note of thanks!

Today, I'm going to share an altered project with you.  I have a box of "alterable" items that I keep for when inspiration strikes.  I found this thin wooden alpha in there - I had purchased it a while ago at Michael's during a US shopping trip.  I knew I wanted to alter it for Aili's shelf in her room but wasn't quite sure what to do.  Susan's whimsical papers were perfect!

Supplies used:  Wooden letter; Susan K. Weckesser Whymsical Paper; Plaid ModPodge; Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations die (Tattered Florals); Spellbinders die (Foliage); My Favourite Things Dienamics dies (Loopy Bloom, Large Rolled Rose, Rolled RoseMini Rolled Roses); Recollections paper tape, wire, rhinestones; water mister; hot glue gun.

I covered the letter with patterned paper and ModPodge.  While waiting for it to dry, I cut all of my flower pieces and foliage from various papers and created my flowers.  Once the flowers were completed, I adhered them, one at a time, beginning with the largest flowers.  After all the flowers were in place, I tucked in my foliage as needed, and added rhinestones as accents to a few flowers.


The corkscrew tendrils were created by covering thin wire with green paper tape and curling around the handle of my paper piercer.  So easy and adds great texture!


Here's a view from the right and left sides.



Thanks again to Susan and her team for their kindness and inspiration over the last few months!

Cheers,





My blog:  Kewl Beans

6 comments:

  1. Sue, what an amazing way to showcase this paper line! my fingers are now itching to go and make flowers. Stunning Project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, this is absolutely beautiful! I know your daughter, Aili, must be thrilled to have this in her room. 'So glad that you have been a part of Susan's design team!! 'Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue what a pretty piece. I am sure it will be treasure for Aili forever. The colours of your flowers and the lovely tendrils make a superb accent. Will miss you :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning keepsake for Ailis room Sue, how beautiful your flowers and delicate tendrils are!!
    It has been a joy working alongside you and hey you won't be getting rid of us as we will see you and your beautiful work in blogland and facebook.
    Big hugs sent your way.
    Tracy
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe