Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spring has Sprung!

Hi everyone Jennifer here this week!  I created a little 6 x 12 scrapbook layout for my quote book.  I started off with cutting a piece of Susan's paper Beautiful Daydreams in half.  I choose this part as I like that it was already like a little scene. 




I then cut out a few flowers and butterflies from the other side of the paper and added pop dots to them.  I also took a Spellbinders Want 2 Scrap bling that looked like a sun and pasted it to the Bouquet paper and cut it out to make a sun. 






I then took paper and cut a bit of the edge of the cloud out so I could tuck the sun behind it.  I glued the one edge down but pop dotted the other to give the sun dimension. I attached a Pink Paislee butterfly to the sun.  I had distressed it with a bit of Donna Salazar ink. 




 Then I took rubber stamp from Susan K Weckesser's Grandma's Needlepoint set and stamped it around the edge of the paper to make it look like I sewed on it. 




I added my flowers I cut as well as another few butterflies!!  I then found a rub on that I liked and rubbed it onto the paper just above the flower line.  Of course a bit of bling in the middle of the butterflies as well.


I added a few other embellishments, a couple birds and resin flowers and Voila! my finished project....I like how Spring - y it is.


 It makes me happy to look at it.  It will find a home in my 6 x 12 album book which is starting to be quite the little album.  If you have not tried the 6 x 12 format give it a whirl as it is a nice size if you want to have a quick project or have a quote or small photo to use.  Hope you enjoyed this weeks project and hope you all are enjoying your season where ever you live!

Hugs Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Love it Jennifer and such a beautiful quote!!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe