Friday, April 5, 2013

Hydrangea Hippo & Susan K.Weckesser Day 5

HH SKW Bloghop2
I have had so much fun with this blog hog with Hydrangea Hippo. Super cool to see everyone sweet creations. So, the other day I restrained myself and created a basic card which you can see here. Well, with this project my creativity just kind of EXPLODED! It exploded right out of the top of this real egg that I resined with ICE Resin®. I also resined a vintage sewing pattern dictionary strips onto the egg. For the base, I stamped on a dictionary page with my co-branded Unity Stamp kit ‘A little Grunge Love” . I then used ICE Resin® and adhered it to a piece of parchment from Punky Sprouts.
A Little Grunge Love 1
I then had fun filling the egg with goodies! First I took some of the love flowers from Hydrangea Hippo and spritz them up with a little bit of Heidi Swapp’s Color Shine and Punky Sprouts Moonshadow Mists.HH SKW Bloghop1
I them used some wonderful lace and baker’s twine as filler. I also cut strips of my ‘Live in Color’ Susan K. Weckesser Inc. paper, distressed the edges and curled the paper.  I then used used Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive to gently attached the strips  to the middle.
HH SKW Bloghop4HH SKW Bloghop6
Using baker twine, I attached one of the cut out word stripes to a couple of Hydrangea Hippo’s decorative pins. BTW, my feather has been finished in ICE Resin® also.
HH SKW Bloghop3
To finished of my little altered chicken egg creation….. I punched out a butterfly from an extra piece of paper that I had stamped on and glued it to one of the colourful flowers. I love this little piece because it is not perfect… but it is all kinds of warm and friendly fun stuff {blooming} out of my egg. It is my ‘Egg of Delight’ and I have had so much fun creating with all these beautiful supplies this week and seeing everyone's delightful work! THANK-YOU!
Make sure to stop by Hydrangea Hippo! Have a wonderful and very CREATIVE day!!!
hugs,
Susan xo
HydrangeaHippo-SusanWeckesser_Cross_Promo_Logo_Arpil2013
534961_10200872977045233_250042699_n
Picture by Susan K. Weckesser and instaicons by Rhonna Farrer can be found at Rhonna Designs.

7 comments:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe