Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Homegrown Love on the Home Front

Home and family has been much in my thoughts lately as it always is during the Christmas season, and this year I feel especially blessed to be a part of the  Susan K. Weckesser DT Family and the Christmas Love Campaign... an Idea I Totally Agree with.... Share the LOVE!  So for this post I created a little card that is a bit different than my usual style.  I want the person who receives this card to feel like they are sitting in a lovely, warm room looking out onto a cold, frosty but sunny winter day... and life is good!  To create this card I used two of the Susan K. Weckesser stamps sets, Create Your Day and Let it Snow both by Unity Stamps.  


I stamped and colored my images with my copic markers and then cut them out and arranged them on a piece of Susan’s “Live in Color” patterned paper, which I white washed over with a thin layer of watered down white acrylic paint and then cut to fit inside my window die cut.  I popped my snowman slightly to give some dimention to the scene.

I then inked and distressed the window frame die cut and using foam pop dots, adhered it over top of my “outdoor” image. 

I attached the entire window to the card stock I had picked out for my card and
Using paper piecing techniques I cut out a vase for my flowers and arranged it on the windowsill, to which I added the banner from the Create Your Day stamps set because I think it just adds such a touch of whimsy!

I finished off my card by adding some hand-drawn stitching and the sentiment from the Create Your Day stamps set which fit the tone of my card perfectly… and VOILA…



A pretty little card with a bit of a difference -  Enjoy!
Lynne Mizera (Smile!)
Guest Designer Susan K Weckesser Inc




   

4 comments:

  1. Voila indeed Lynne! Your card is perfect with its cheery image and fabulous message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so cute Susan! I have both these sets :) need to try something like this!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so incredibly talented! I love this. What an inspiration.:)

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe